Unwritten Prophecy


Monday, October 18, 2010

We're in the next generation.

This is astonishing.

To think that only five years ago social networking was cutting-edge, while now it's a common norm. It seems that targeted media is largely being implemented into our daily lives and soon "search" will be a thing of the past. Stumbleupon.com is a great example of a target based website, using a person's interest to match them with websites that best fit.
But what does that say about "free-will", considering that large facets of our lives are being decided for us. In a sense, we're becoming more and more dependent on outside sources to make decisions for us, what we should read, look at and follow have all become ideals thrown upon us because of society.
Where do we go from here? Do we succumb? How can we not? I mean, I am writing this post on a computer I've purchased, on a blog I started. I guess in one way or another we all give in.

:/

No comments:

Post a Comment