Unwritten Prophecy


Monday, May 2, 2011

Why Do I Rap?

Rapping is my meditation. It's a medium that allows me to sort out my consciousness through metaphors, analogies, rythmes and word flow. It also gives me the chance to tell stories and be true to my word; I'd say that I am more truthful in my raps than I am anywhere else in the world. I don't even know what I'm doing sometimes, I just turn up the sound till it's crispy, put my headphones tightly around my ears and talk to the mic. Then I'll find a new beat, something that hits me at the right moment, something that explains my sentiment accurately and I'll let it play. The words will start to come, the images, the story, people and places, alike. Sometimes it doesn't all come out linearly, kind of like a dream, but in the end I figure out how to piece it all together. If only the puzzle came with directions, but would life really be fun? I love the mystery asserted with diving into a piece of music, or a work of literature; both possess infinite possibilities and that's the beauty of it. The revolution will not be televised because I won't succumb to anyones rules, I can't be this but I can be that; stop hating, do something.

So this is my word to the viewers, to my blog: I will stay true to myself and my music, so help me. Stick around for much more to come in the near future. Easy A, out!

No comments:

Post a Comment