Unwritten Prophecy


Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Interview with Fashion Stylist Extraordinaire- Julia Calhoun


Julia Calhoun is a fashion stylist and mogul blogger from the small town of Hersbruck in Germany, spreading her influence all the way to New York and beyond. She 's one of the best-dressed women I know, in her ability to manipulate clothes to her own personal style. Here's the interview we had:

1. Who are you and what is it that you do?


I am Julia, a 24 old girl originally from Germany growing up like high speed in the last few months, travelling the world, finding myself etc. I learned that life is more about creating yourself. I am addicted to love and fashion, simply. That’s all you have to know about me.


2. What is your biggest influence?

From an early age I have been different from others. I started to dress up back in kindergarten. I asked my mother to sue me dresses and I started to wear platforms in elementary school... hahah This is just a small story about my life. I truly loved fashion since the very beginning but nowadays I am really, really into a "natural Indian culture" inspired look...

And I truly believe in the 7 years rhythm. Like every 7 years in your life has it's own period of style and the way you think. I guess I am turning to the next chapter because I am really, really, really into minimalistic style these days. There is nothing more beautiful than a woman that is able to wear simple stuff and still looks outta the world and if you are able to do this, you've got what it takes in fashion!!



3. What is your favorite brand, why?

I don't really have a favorite brand because fashion is fast and I guess I have favorite designers for some periods in my life or for different sessions.
These days I adore Alexander Wang and Acne. For me, there is nothing better out there at this very moment. I love the simplicity and the extravagance in the same moment. If I had the money, I would just wear those two brands... hahha



4. Can you reveal to us anything you’re personally working on?

Well, I learned that you better shut your mouth about unwritten business... but if there is something in which I truly find my freedom, than it's when I am able to create. I am blessed by the people that made their way into my life who see my talent and believe in my work. I found an investor for my own fashion brand and things are moving in a great, great direction... but that's all I want to say for the moment.


5. What do you see for the future of the fashion industry?

That's a tough one... Since the economy crashed, companies had to struggle in any kind of industry section BUT fashion is about expression yourself and making the world a little bit more colorful, crazy, interesting, lovely and IMAGINATIVE. That's why I truly believe that fashion industry will last forever... People need fashion to create themselves.

6. What are your future aspirations?

I really, really want to inspire as many people as possible. I want tp show people that fashion is not about money or rules... It's all about creating yourself and being you in the most honest way. Therefore, it's great to have a blog to share my state of mind with the rest of the world. Just don't be afraid of who you are and what you want to be. If you start to trust in yourself and loving yourself other people will feel that and start to love you even more. This took me a long, long way to realize the fact but I am glad that I finally started to just doing ME, no matter what people are saying and it feels great.


7. Any words of inspiration?

Hahah I am such an "inspiration absorbing person". I am always looking for inspirations and finding it EVERYWHERE, whether in a quote, a drawing, a picture or a creation. But the BIGGEST inspirations in my life comes from LOVE and FASHION. Those 2 things truly made me to the person I am today.

Love has been my first choice all my life and I would leave everything behind for the one I love most, BUT since I have been getting older I realized that you have to focus on your dreams and your passion even more than on a man you love. Because you have to love yourself first place... that's why I choose to build up my dream at first.

Don't get me wrong, I am still a person who needs her love by her side as much as possible. All I am trying to say is, when the time comes the one will be with you equally with your other dreams... you don't have to choose. Here's a personally favorite quote:

"Some women choose to follow men, and some women choose to follow their dreams. If you're wondering which way to go, remember that your career will never wake up and tell you that it doesn't love you anymore."




8. You look gorgeous in all your pictures, do you make most of your own clothing?

Ohh thank you so much... :-))
Well, it depends... I am huge fan of hitting a designer store and paying for all the dopest clothes... but this is sometimes to easy and to mainstream. I loveee to sue my own stuff or to put studs on my clothes etc. Sometimes I go and buy a shirt and in the end I am wearing it for example on my head as a turban. For me there are no rules in fashion. I love the mix of DIY clothes, designer stuff, mainstream pieces like H&M and Vintage.


CHECK OUT HER BLOG HERE: http://geeksndfashion.blogspot.com/
CHECK OUT HER BLOG HERE: http://geeksndfashion.blogspot.com/

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you sooo much!! This is my first interview EVER!! and it feels soo soo good!! I am blessed to have people like you around me.. supporting me and believing in me!! thank you soo much my love!!!

Kisses Julia

http://geeksndfashion.blogspot.com

UPNY said...

Of course! POST IT ON YOUR BLOG!

<3

UPNY said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Efrutik said...

Great interview. Julia is an original and a sweetheart all in one :)

UPNY said...

Follow me!

Post a Comment