Unwritten Prophecy


Monday, February 14, 2011

My Valentine's Day in Glasgow (Plus a Valentine's Day History)


So it's pouring rain and I'm sitting by my computer enjoy the silence of being alone, I'll tell you all about my Valentine's Day, but first a little history. Valentine's day began as a holiday to commemorate Christian martyr, Saint Valentine. The actually holiday became romanticized in the 14th century by Chaucer and the likes, turning it's meaning into courtly love. He penned, ""For this was Saint Valentine's Day, when every bird cometh there to choose his mate." And so it was written. Of course, Valentines Day has been capitalized, from love cards, flowers and candy etc. But for me, Valentine's Day is about treating myself well, being good to my body and exhibiting self-love. So I got a haircut, as you may see in the picture below...


... and some Belgian Chocolates!


I also bought myself a Van Heusen Vintage shirt from my sponsor, We Love To Boogie down on Byer's Road. Check them out by clicking here.

Can I also add this...

No Comment.

Happy Valentine's Day guys! Be good to yourselves!

No comments:

Post a Comment